Dragon at Dawn Cross stitch

Dragon at Dawn Cross stitch Progress

Thursday 24 July 2014

Weekly Manicure!



everyone! Sorry for being absent for so long, I keep from one day to another and the posts never write themselves up on their own!  Weekly manicure is back and this week I want to share with you a new product that I got from BornPrettyStore - Gold stickers!



This week's manicure uses the following products:
  • BK nail Polish in number 28 which is a very light pastel blue
  • Clear top coat by Debby ForPlay 1
  • Gold Filigree stickers from Born Pretty Store.

I also have a nailfile there to buff my nails because I had residue of gel nails before I did this manicure!

 I used the flowers to the right. There are two rows which were more than enough for this look!


First and foremost you must clean your nails becuase I find that pastel polishes are very susceptible to showing any small particles on the nails and form mini bubbles. I use a simple wipe down with polish remover and then give them a rinse with cold water.  Applying this particular BK polish is not very easy because the first coat looks aweful as you can see below, but just after two coats the nails look beautiful. I gave them 3 coats to make sure that I have a good coverage.  This particular polish smells of coconunts when it dries off and I can tell by the smell that the polish has dried. I always give it an extra 15 minutes in between coats so as to avoid any dents during application of other ornaments :)  The polish dries in minutes so a few extra won't harm.

That is one coat of polish


After you are satisfied with your colour, it is time to apply these gorgeous stickers. They come in a number of different designs on a transparent sheet, I chose the flowers and the wavy spots.  They are a little delicate and you have to have a pair of tweezers and mini sharp scissors handy.  Pull them gently out and cut the design you want. be carefull as the glue is very sticky and once you place them on your nails it is next to impossible to shift the position.  I decided to put the flowers all over the nails, keeping the half flowers for the corners of the nails and using the full ones depending on the size (as there are two sizes in the same strand) according to the nail size.  I finished off the design by applying the mini dots at the top of the nails.

This is the final look without the top coat.

The last step is very delicate with these stickers because if you are not carefull enough, the gold colour will fade away.  Fill up your topcoat brush with enough polish to cover the entire nail and try to apply it in one single gentle stroke without putting any pressure on the stickers. This will help not shifting the gold colour.  I tried skipping this step after the first nail had a little accident with the colour but I soon found out that even though the stickers are strong enough and stay on for a long time, the gold is dissolved by water and body washes. So try not to skip this step!

The end result is like a damask full of roses on a pale blue background.  It looks very complicated but is rather easy to do and I did get quite a lot of compliments :) People thought that I went to a nail technician and found it a little hard to believe that it was entirely my work!



I kept my nails on for as long as I could and here is the end result after 1 entire week where I did not bother too much to keep my hands away from house chores. Most of the flowers are still really gold!
Pretty impressive right!?! The durability of both stickers and polish is just amazing!  I love BK polishes so much because I can enjoy them for longer without worry to much about them!




If you would like to purchase the BK Polish and the Gold stickers click on the links below :)


18 Colors BK Sweet Candy Fast Dry Nail Art Polish/ 25-42#


10 styles Gold Lace 3D Nail Art Tips Stickers Manicure 223-232

Let me know your take at this design, or any other creative idea you create because I love seing your work! Post your pictures and comments down below and please stay tuned for more manicures in the coming days :) I plan to stick to weekly manicures for a long time :))

Thanks for reading!
Saranghae,
Pauline

No comments:

Post a Comment